Latest Updates RSS
I have a, sometimes paralyzing, fear of roaches. Even typing the word makes my heart beat fast. I know that it’s irrational. I know they wont bite or ‘hurt’ me in any way. I just simply cannot control myself when i see or hear one. It’s embarrassing the noises that come out of my mouth and the things my body does if one appears in front of me.
I saw this video done a few years ago of Anderson Cooper trying to get over his fear of roaches and I’m very curious if it was at all successful.
Fair warning, they actually show roaches in this video. It’s ok if you have to turn away.
If anyone knows of a good way to get over a fear i might be open to it. Anyways, here’s the video.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfO3OFKmFlE%5D
“Far from starscape-dulling city lights, farmer and photographer Randy Halverson spent three weeks creating a new video of the spinning night sky.” –from youtube.
I just loved this video, especially at about 2:07 where the camera is looking up from below the trees. It’s an awesome shot.
My cousin, Ellie, reminded me today how awesome http://weheartit.com/ is. I spent an hour just surfing through the photos and <3'ing the ones i liked. I know I've posted a couple there before. I just don't remember which ones. If you join the site add me "angiekwebb". If you've not seen it, it's a simple little girlie site with pictures full of beauty, cuteness, sweetness, and sometimes sadness. Fair warning, it's a little addictive.
After watching the MTV Movie awards I have realized, once again, that in order to successfully predict who will win an award one must think like a 14 year old girl. How Twilight: Eclipse won so many awards is beyond me. Especially up against movies like Inception. I refuse to add Black Swan to that ‘up against’ list because the ONLY reason that movie was voted for anything is because of the girl on girl action scene. The fact that that (that that??)scene was the best 8 minutes of the movie is irrelevant, the movie was unsatisfying.
I swear those teen girls must have voted 10 times over for all things twilight. I personally thought Emma Stone should have won for best female performance in Easy A. She was HILARIOUS. She did win for best comedic performance so, I suppose thats OK. If not her than surely Emma Watson from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1. She more strength and played up some touching moments.
Finally… how the hell can Justin Bieber have a Jaw Dropping Moment?? WTW?
I want to do something to remember 2010. I did so much traveling and going to cons and met a lot of people. I was trying to think of all the places I went to and I know I’m forgetting things.
I have embraced painting more this year than ever before so I thought it fitting that I do something with art to represent the last 365 days. I have a couple ticket stubs, a canvas, and acrylic right now but, I’m currently searching the house for little things that hold some memory for me of something special from this past year.
The photo shows what stage it’s in now. In the photo there’s a ticket stub from a Kurt Cobain and Andy Warhol exhibit I attended with my friend Adam Hanes while in Seattle. My Dad and Mom took me to see Princess Diana’s wedding dress and I have the ticket for that. I also went to Walt Disney World with my folks and I saved the park hopper pass. I just have to do some more digging now to find what else I can add to it. I did so many amazing things like attending Syndcon, Pax East, E3, and went on a 10 state road trip, and thats just highlights of my year.
I think what I’ll do is collect these items and put them in an envelope that I’ll then paste to the canvas. Maybe I’ll write some words on the canvas also, like names of states I visited and things I did.
I also should note, I sold my first painting in 2010. I have a blog here where I show interesting art from artists I know, but I also show my art here at etsy.com under the name Webpopz (which I feel needs to be changed to something more interesting). I sold my Dr Who painting through them. I couldn’t believe it sold. I kept thinking it was someone who knows me and was just trying to be nice. If someone I know did buy it, don’t tell me, just let me think it was a stranger who deemed my art worthy. It feels good this way.
Anyways, off to go work on some paintings and figure out how to get my 2010 piece together.
I had the pleasure of attending the GDC exhibit hall as well as spending a few days in San Francisco. I’ve attended quite a few conventions but, GDC was my first gaming conference. I wanted to share a few things that I have noted from my short experience at this event.
1. ALL CONVENTIONS FROM HERE ON OUT NEED A CELL PHONE RECHARGE STATION! A computer-central event and everyone is carrying dead computer cellphones? Really? I cannot tell you how many people at around mid afternoon started saying ‘My iPhone has died, can you look this up for me?’ Oxymoron. There must be a way of setting up a booth/table with all sorts of chargers for us tech lovers to renew our phones. We’d even pay a small free to be able to just stand by while our mobile got a little juice. I hope someone in high up Convention World sees this because I think it would totally up the social networking capability!
2. GDC does not have booth babe’s. I mean, a couple of girls in short skirts walked by once but, unlike Comi-Con, there was not a lot of skin on the babe’s there.
3. This is no place for costumes. I went with my camera ready because one of my favorite things about conventions is costumes. I LOVE to wear them (<-me in the vid) and I like taking pictures of them. Sadly, I found no picture-worthy cosplay.
4. Now, I’d like to point out only the BEST SWAG EVER! CCP, the makers of EVE Online, were giving away beer, really good beer, and food at their booth. I mean, THATS how you get people to your booth. All swag is good, i’m not complaining about the excellent tattoo sleeves and famous Hell Cuts of PAX 08 because those ideas rocked- I got the spray on tattoo but, could not part with my hair. But, way to think outside the Xbox, CCP. Good decision, very good decision.
5. Next, party favors. Riot Games got it right. Hand rolled cigars. Seriously, having cigars at a gig like that was ace because all the boys liked it and they did smell good. On the flip side, had it been a all girl party I’d have liked to have seen a chocolate fountain or maybe everyone getting a tiara. But, this worked so well and everyone enjoyed it. Good idea, Riot Games.
6. Lastly, walking around the city one notices the homeless. I have a soft heart and will go broke trying to give all my loose change (that I’ve purposely put in my pockets after cashing some one’s). So I switched to granola bars. I got a box of small Clif Bars and when I was asked if I could help, I said “I have this”. It worked and started up conversation with one gentleman who was actually grateful for the food.
7. Coolest gadget I saw was the AR. Drone, a iPhone controlled quadrocopter. You just gotta see the video here:[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY5LJg-piHE%5D
I am a lucky girl to have gotten some time there at GDC and it was my first time to San Francisco. I loved it and my favorite tourist attraction was, of course, Alcatraz Island (a link to the video I made of my visit there). Next up is PAX East which I hope to get way more pictures and video. I’ll be there for 3 days there and I WILL be bringing my iPhone charger. Cheers!